Update on work to clear Weybridge hospital site
NHS Property Services is responsible for arranging the clear-up of the Weybridge hospital site and we wanted to let you know the next steps in our plans.
We have now engaged a specialist demolition and salvage company, John Stacey and Sons Ltd, to sort through and remove the debris, while recovering any salvageable items that remain. Any items found will either be recycled, securely destroyed, or returned to the appropriate authority.
John Stacey and Sons’ work at the site will start on Monday 14 August and we have allowed nine weeks for the work to be completed. If this timescale changes, we will keep you updated.
We will be taking a number of steps to minimise noise, dust and disruption while the works take place, including:
- Use of a spray which gives a fine mist of water to prevent dust at the site
- Use of banksmen to direct traffic going onto and leaving the site, to minimise traffic disruption
- Vehicles leaving the site will be cleaned to reduce the transfer of dust to local roads
- The contractor will be using some heavy machinery on site but will endeavour to keep noise levels to the minimum required to complete the works as quickly and safely as possible
- Workers will arrive onsite from 7.30am and work will begin at 8am and finish at 5pm each day, unless there is a safety reason why work needs to continue later. Work will only take place Monday – Friday.
Martin Steele, Chief Operating Officer for NHS Property Services, said:
“I would like to thank you for your patience while we have engaged a specialist contractor to help us clear the hospital site. We will take all the measures we can to minimise noise and disruption for local residents while the work takes place, and we will work with North West Surrey CCG and CSH Surrey on future plans for health services on site and keep you updated.”
If you have any queries, please contact:
- Demolition/salvage work, John Stacey and Sons: Stuart Fitchett on 0118 981 3531
- Latest information on Weybridge Hospital services: 0203 297 7252
- NHS Property Services: 0800 085 3015 or firstname.lastname@example.org